Thursday, August 30, 2012

Healthy chicken nuggets - win win!

Today we made chicken nuggets for lunch. Here's my recipe.

2Tbs quinoa flakes
1/4 C quick oats
(blend in the food processor until resembling bread crumbs)

1 small carrot (peeled and grated)
1/2 zucchini (peeled and grated)
1/2 small onion (chopped)
1 egg
1 chicken breast (skin and fat removed)
Salt, pepper and mixed dried herbs to taste

Bread crumbs (I make my own from stale wholemeal bread I have in the house) to coat the nuggets

Combine all ingredients (except bread crumbs) in a food processor and process until combined and even consistency

Coat chicken mixture in breadcrumbs and shape as desired

Bake in hot oven for 15 mins, turning after 10 mins.

Served with my home made vegetable and tomato purée (recipe coming)

(not the best picture, but this was an afterthought and all that was left over!)
Each of my boys ate 5 nuggets. The recipe made 15 nuggets

No comments: