Thursday, October 18, 2012

Ethan and dairy

As I have blogged about before, Ethan became dairy intolerant - presumably after his nasty stomach bug earlier this year. He was on a dairy free diet for 2 months. Towards the end of this time we started to introduce some goats milk cheese. He tolerated this well.
Last Saturday we decided to give him a some dairy. We gave him milk, cheese and yoghurt. He did very well. He didn't have any stomach pain, no diarrhoea and not "accidents"!!
Ethan is THRILLED to be allowed to eat dairy again. He has been having it for 6 days now, and no problems so far.

We are still keeping them on a diet free of artificial colours, flavours and preservatives as much as possible. They still get some of these nasties, but its very rare.


On a side note, I (Sal) am trialling a gluten free diet to see if it helps some of the digestive issues I have been experiencing. It is somewhat limiting, but I do feel better. It's been 1.5 weeks, so I will have to wait a few more weeks to really see the benefit I think. In a couple of months I will give my self a gluten challenge (eat gluten for a day) and see what happens.

No comments: