Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Years Eve

We spent new years eve (day) with Aunty Shell. She came over late morning and we enjoyed the day together. We took the boys swimming, then cooked dinner. For those that don’t know, Shell is a chef, so cooking dinner with her (she cooks, we watch) is a learning experience for me. Shell teaches me how to make food taste better with seasoning and herbs and different cooking techniques to develop more flavour. She cooked us a bacon and mushroom risotto, it was yummy, and we enjoyed “helping her” :)

tn_IMG_7620 tn_IMG_7622 tn_IMG_7624 tn_IMG_7626 tn_IMG_7630 tn_IMG_7631 

 

Risotto was yummy….. thanks Aunty Shell!

 

Shell stayed until about 9:30pm. Tracie and I stayed awake till about 11:30, then went to bed. I saw the clock say 12:00, and fell asleep. My kind of new years! hahaha

1 comment:

ROOT226 said...

Lucky you to have a chef for a sis! WHat a great way to bring in the New Year - having someone cook for you. :) If we werent out of town for a NYE party, I'm sure we too would have been in bed before midnight. Having kids is exhausting!