Sunday, May 29, 2011

Ethan Bear and Benny Bear

When the boys were born, they were given a teddy bear each from Aunty Linda. These bears have each boys name and date of birth embroided on their feet. We call them Ethan Bear and Benny Bear

Below is Ethan at about 6weeks old with his Ethan Bear. See the name on one foot and DOB on the other?

ethan23

Well, Ethan Bear and Benny Bear are very popular at the moment. The boys play with them, sleep with them and they enjoy it when we hold the bear at the back of the neck and ask it questions. We make the bear shake and nod it’s head and ask it silly questions. They think it’s hilarious.

Here is Ethan again, 3yrs later with his Ethan Bear.

tn_IMG_5266

 

Benny and Benny Beartn_IMG_5274

A few more photos I took that night just before bed..

Tracie and Ben with Ben’s “lovely blankie” as he has been calling it lately. Tonight I had the following conversation with Ben..

Mummy: What have you got there Ben? (pointing to his blankie)

Ben: That’s my lovely blankie

Mummy: Wow, that’s nice, where did you get that from?

Ben: Nana

Mummy: Did Nana buy that for you?

Ben: No, Nana MADE it for me!

tn_IMG_5267 Below Ben (then Ethan in the next picture) are making their happy faces. If you ask them to do a happy face, this is the expression they pull, every time latley!tn_IMG_5269 tn_IMG_5270  Another happy face. When i first saw this picture a few days after it was taken it took me a few seconds to work out who it is. Without cheating and checking who was wearing what coloured skivvy (turtleneck) can you tell who it is?tn_IMG_5275

Lastly, here is another picture of Ethan Bear. One night Ethan asked me what Ethan Bear had around his neck. I told him it was a bow. He asked why (his favourite question this year!!). After a second of quick thinking i replied it was to make him look handsome. Ethan said No, what is it there for? Again, I said to make him look handsome. He said no again two more times and continued to ask me why it was there. I kept giving the same answer about making him look handsome. When he’d asked me about 4 times, I said I didn’t know, and asked Ethan why he thought Ethan Bear had the bow around his neck. His reply was priceless …… “It’s so his head doesn’t fall off!!”

He said it like it was the answer that was in his head the whole time, he said it like he was telling the punch line of a joke! Tracie and I laughed so hard. It was so funny!

tn_IMG_5273